Friday, March 9, 2007

Technology in the Classroom

I see technology as something essential in education. As a college student I see technology being used everyday, even right now as I am typing. For my Music Theory, Ear Training and Music History classes I have to use online mp3 files for listening. For Education Psychology I have to research different philosophers and view different opinions on them. As you can see, many of my classes use technology as an essential tool.
I only see technology becoming used more and more in the future. However, I do NOT think books should be ruled out over the internet or online readings. There should always be interaction with a book because, as Henry Miller said "A book lying idle on a shelf is wasted ammunition, books must be kept in constant circulation...for books represent infinitely more than money. A book is not only a friend, it makes friends for you. When you have possessed a book with mind and spirit, you are enriched. But, when you pass it on you are enriched threefold."

No comments: